The MBA / PG in Fashion Designing and Retail Management is a program designed for talented individuals wishing to specialize in Fashion Management.
The MBA / PG in Fashion Designing & Business Management program is offered at CREO Valley.. The MBA/ PG Diploma in Fashion Designing & Business Management is a two years program designed for talented individuals wishing to specialize in Fashion Management and to achieve an international and successful career in the Fashion industry.
The program aims at preparing future fashion managers who will work confidently in competitive global environments and to meet the need of the fashion sector in full evolution. They will share their acquired knowledge and experiences while promoting best practices in the fashion arena.
Since about fifteen years the needs for the sector and for the consumer considerably evolved.
The companies of manufacturing gave way to products and services companies. In terms of employment the sector is lacking qualified employees and managers capable of working as well on commercial missions, marketing, purchase, production or logistics.
Today we produce globally, that requires different skills. Also the consumption change, it is today is not lead any more by the only satisfaction, the consumer claims values. It is the birth of the responsible consumption that integrates the ethical and eco friendly values to the pleasure and needs.
The number of retail shop decrease when the chain stores and brands are increasing. Therefore the skills to manage a franchise store or a whole chain network are very different from those a traditional shop management. The performance levels, the management, the follow-up of the clientele require advanced knowledge in commercial and administrative approach.
The new professionals must also handle efficiently the marketing tools in particular the sale aid tools called marketing, merchandising Trade or CRM (Customer Relationship Management) which have a particular importance today to increase the commercial performance and to meet the needs of a market always more competitive.
The fashion field requires experts in the domains of retail, marketing, sourcing, production, and logistics. To answer these new needs, the MBA / PG in Fashion Designing & Business Management program in fashion and retail management has for objective to train high-level students capable of being operational in the specific sector of fashion, in various management positions (marketing, distribution, purchase, sourcing) and with the specific knowledge on textile materials, fabrication, design, as well as the history and fashion awareness.
The MBA / PG in Fashion Designing program offers students the opportunity to interact with a dedicated professional faculty, specialized in fashion management; to visit companies including factories, showrooms, and flagship stores; and to learn about new trends and successful business models in fashion and across segments, from luxury companies to fast fashion retailers.
The Masters / PG Diploma in Fashion Designing & Business Management course at CREO Valley is offered in association JNTE. CREO Valley is also recognized by QAI (UK).
More about JNTE:
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technical Education Council of Skill Development (JNTE CSD) was established under act 1882, Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi, INDIA. According to the Government of India National Education Policy 1986, Jawaharlal Nehru Technical Education Council of Skill Development is one of the best autonomous organization. JNTE CSD has designed non UGC and non AICTE courses which are specific job oriented and self entrepreneur courses in the field of Fashion & Interior Designing.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technical Education Council of Skill Development (JNTE CSD) was Established under Govt. of NCT Delhi, India (No: 2985).
- JNTE CSD is Registered with NITI Aayog ,Yojana Bhawan, Govt. of India, New Delhi 110001.
- Registered with CR Act No.77552, Govt. of India.
- The certificates offered by JNTE CSD can be registered in all Govt. Employment Exchanges across India, as per instructions of DGE&T, Ministry of Labour & Employment Govt. of India.
- A specialized fashion management education
- A national or international study trip organized (optional and subject to costs)
- Relevant partnerships and network with fashion companies
- Mix of case studies, company visits, and guest speakers from the fashion industry
Please contact our admissions team to get updated information about the academic structure of the course.
Career Opportunities may be found in positions in all fields associated with managerial roles in the fashion industry including, for instance:
- Fashion Buyer
- Product Manager
- Sales & Retail Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Business Developer
- Project and Event Designer
- Supply Chain Manager
- Communication Manager
The knowledge inherent to the Fashion Design & Business Management
- Techniques of the elaboration of a collection, techniques of fabrication of a garment or a textile product.
- Marketing techniques (market analysis, consumers, strategy of segmentation, development of a marketing strategy, management of a product range)
- Initiation into the intellectual and industrial property, the right of the distribution,
- Sourcing of the materials and accessories
- Mission and role of purchases in companies, the supplier audit, management of the operations, the plan.
- Tools and concepts of the supply chain management.
- Brand management
- Communication concepts and techniques
- Accounting management and finance: the financial analysis of the companies to understand the financial approach of a fashion company.
- Lecture, cases studies , conferences , visits and internships will be a part of the curriculum
The student will have a good knowledge of the fashion history and news. He will understand the design and production stake. He will be capable of analyzing the market, the behavior of the consumers and designing a collection plan. He will know the various strategies to develop sales (retail, mail-order, @retail). He have legal notions in particular into the protection of the brands to protect the creations is company. It will be capable look the design department , managing the planning and the production of a collection. He will know the supply chain and the international transport. He will have some knowledge in accounting, finance and management. He will have the know how to position the company in his cultural, economical and financial environment.