The Governing Council of the schools approved the following policy and setup respective committees.
Applicability: Ragging is totally prohibited in the schools/colleges and anyone found guilty of ragging and/or abetting ragging, whether actively or passively, or being a part of a conspiracy to promote ragging, is liable to be punished in accordance with the UGC Regulations on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009 as well as under the penal law.
What constitutes Ragging?
As per the order of Honorable Supreme Court of India and subsequent Notification form University Grants Commission (UGC), ragging constitutes one or more of any intention by any student or group of students:
- Any act of Indiscipline, Teasing or Handling with Rudeness
- Any act that Prevents, Disrupts the Regular Academic Activity
- Any activity which is likely to cause Annoyance, Hardship, Psychological Harm or creates Fear or Apprehension
- Any Act of Financial Extortion or Forceful Expenditure
- Any Act of Physical Abuse causing Assault, Harm or danger to Health
- Any Act of abuse by spoken words, emails, SMS or public insult etc
- Any Act of injury or infringement of the fundamental right to the human dignity
- Any Act of Wrongful Confinement, Kidnapping, molesting or committing unnatural offences, use of criminal forces, trespass or intimidation
- Any unlawful assembly or conspiracy to ragging
Punishment to those found guilty: Any student or group of students found guilty of ragging in the campus or event outside the campus shall be liable to one or more of the following punishments.
- Debarring from appearing in any sessional test / University Examination.
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withdrawing scholarships and other benefits.
- Suspended from the University for a period of three months.
- Expulsion from the University and also debarring from admission to any other institution throughout India.
- Entry in the character / Transfer Certificate regarding the punishment given for any Act if ragging.
- Complaint filed with the police leading to arrest.
To seek further help in this regard, please send an email to operations[AT]lisaabangalore[DOT]com.