Below are the options to study at LISAA School Of Design, Bangalore.
- International Undergraduate Diploma from LISAA France. Students with the following criteria qualify for admission:
- National & International Boards – CBSE / ISC / IB / AICE / A Level
- State Boards, Junior College, Intermediate, HSSC, PUC, Senior Secondary
- Students from any stream (Science, Commerce & Humanities) who have appeared or passed the senior Secondary School Examination or equivalent, 10+2 model from any board, are eligible to apply
- Students with exceptional skills in the field of Art & Design considered based on interview and portfolio review
- LISAA One Year Professional Diploma earned for Short Term Courses
- Anyone with interest in the field of Design can apply for these courses
- Please note Due to heavy demand for Admissions at LISAA School Of Design, Bangalore and availability of a few seats per department, we follow a strict process to choose the students applying for admission. Below find some information for students looking to take admission at LISAA School Of Design, Bangalore.
- Lateral Entry
- Lateral Entry to Degree and Diploma programs is subject to approval from our Academic Director. Please send an email to email@example.com to get further details.
- LISAA awards merit based scholarship to new entrants in all UG Programs,which allows students with limited means to achieve their desired goals in the field of art & design. The scholarships are awarded based on the performance of the student during the Admission process (entrance test and the interview). Scholarships are only available for limited number of students and are awarded on first come first serve basis.
- Criteria for scholarship:
- Performance in (10th /12th exams)/LISAA CAT Examination & Personal Interview.
- Students whose parents/family gross income is below 4,00,000 INR are eligible to apply.
- LISAA School Of Design Bangalore is managed by Saipath Education & Film Services.
- Students are required to pay the fees in the account of Saipath Education & Film Services Pvt Ltd
- Admission to LISAA School Of Design is subject to an entrance test (called LISAA CAT – Creative Aptitude Test) or through personal interview.
- Duration of the test is about 2 hours. Selected candidates will be called for an interview. Portfolio review is optional
- For admission in Lateral Year, please contact:
- Head of admissions at +91 9035030591 to fix appointment for an interview
- Standard Requirements: Student should be highly motivated with an interest in arts and design.
- School Guidelines / Tuition:
- Successful learning implies certain conditions including a comfortable environment to facilitate student’s development. This is only possible with clearly defined guidelines followed by all concerned. The school rules, listed below, are meant to provide optimal working conditions for everyone.
- From the beginning of the school year, students must be aware of class timetables & follow them. Attendance is mandatory for all, and no unjustified lateness or absences will be tolerated.
- Students who anticipate an absence from Lisaa must inform the administrative offices, which reserve the right to refuse the request if the motive seems unwarranted. In case of frequent lateness or absences, the student will be summoned by the Department Director. Following the meeting, the student’s stance will determine the measures taken by the school’s director. In case of several warnings, this could lead to expulsion.
- School / Tuition Fees
- School fee once paid is non-transferable and non-refundable under any circumstances. The cost of materials to be used during the learning period will be borne by students.
- As part of their training, students are obliged to hand in a certain number of projects. The frequency of the projects is determined by each professor and projects may take place either within or outside actual classes.
- To meet course program requirements the student should anticipate that an appreciable amount of work must be done outside the classroom.
- Work will be commented on and graded, and these grades allow the staff to follow a student’s evolution and observe his work and effort. Any work turned in late will be graded as 0 (which will influence the student’s grade average). Report cards will be sent out twice a year.
- In addition to training, several juries are organized during the school year to prepare each student for his portfolio presentation. These juries will also provide evaluations.
- Trips / Excursions
- At LISAA School of Design we firmly believe that trips / excursions are an integral part of any well-rounded educational program. These excursions are carefully organized, and their main goal is to combine learning and fun, while giving our students the chance to come in close contact with culture, history and traditions to explore new facets of Art &Design. Students will be taken for two excursions in one academic year. It is mandatory for students to participate and bear the cost of such excursions. Work done there will be evaluated internally and by jury.
- Promotion to the following year
- An overall view of grades obtained throughout the year will determine a student’s moving on to the following year.
- Students are required to maintain a correct attitude in the classroom and in the school in general. Any offence to this protocol may result in a warning to the student. Any decision by the administration, for indiscipline or poor work, is non- negotiable and may result in expulsion.
- For reasons of security and hygiene, smoking or use of any illegal substances is strictly forbidden in LISAA premises.
- School will not be responsible for any ailment/ injuries/ accidents or any other mishappenings of any nature inside and outside the campus.
Degree courses at LISAA School Of Design are eligible for Student Loans from majority of banks. Many of our students have availed the Education Loans from banks such as State Bank Of India, Canara Bank, Bank Of Baroda and likewise.
Our Admissions team can assist you in preparing your documents for Education Loan. Please reach out to them at firstname.lastname@example.org to get further details.
At LISAA School Of Design, Bangalore we have about 15%-20% of our students coming from international countries.
Why higher studies in India ?
- India has second largest higher education facilities in world. There are 342 Universities and 17625 colleges in India offering wide range of courses. That gives more options based on ones interest and qualifications to choose a course to study. Indian institutes offer quality education. The professionals trained in Indian educational institutions are recognized all over the world. No wonder over – 300 of the Fortune 500 companies regularly participate in campus placements in Indian institutions.
- The medium of higher studies is primarily English, particularly for professional and technical courses. India has third largest English speaking population in the world. Indian institutes offer quality education at a very low cost compared to some developed countries.
- One of the most important factors to choose India for studies is that Indian people warmly welcomes talented people from around the world & we are easy going people and you will feel at home from very beginning.
International students who wish to study at LISAA School Of Design, Bangalore are required to fulfill the admission procedures, complete relevant admission forms, provide all necessary documents and pay the Processing, Eligibility and Tuition fees.
Before submitting any applications, please make sure that:
- You have an adequate knowledge of English.
- You have met the minimum entry requirements for your intended degree.
- You complete all relevant sections of the application form.
- You have all supporting documents ready for your application.
- Your application cannot be processed unless all sections of the applications form are answered and all supporting documentation is provided.
Students applying for the courses in advance are supposed to fill in the Application form and enclose a photocopy of their testimonials.
Once the application form is filled up, please send it to our Academic counselor. The Academic counselor will confirm your course of preference and will notify you with a provisional admission letter.
Filling up the application form:
- If the final mark sheet / Transcripts are available , then attach the copy of the results. If the marks / grades are not known or not available at the time of filling the application, then please indicate “ Results are awaited” in the marks / grades column. Students who will be appearing for the GCE ‘A’ Levels and IB examinations will have to enclose forecast / predicted results certified by the school. All other candidates are expected to send their final results to the university as soon as it is available to ascertain their eligibility. It is to be noted that the application will be considered only if the mark sheets / transcripts are made available to the university within the stipulated date.
Attach the following documents :
- Certified copy of the mark sheet / grade sheet / transcripts of the qualifying examination
- Copy of passport of the applicant ( personal detail pages)
- Passport size photograph
Provisional Admission : On satisfying all the eligibility requirements, the provisional admission will be emailed to you
Confirmed Admission : A letter of confirmed admission will be issued when the first installment course fee as mentioned is received by us
Registration at FRRO: It is part of the process that all foreign students holding foreign citizenship have to register with the Foreigner’s Registration Office (FRRO) within the stipulated time frame of their arrival in India. A student who is a PIO card holder is also required to register with the FRO. All Foreign students please ensure you meet all conditions as set forth by the Indian Government to be eligible for studying in India. The Institute cannot interfere with government requirements and cannot be held responsible for any FRRO issues.
Documents Required for Admission to Undergraduate Programs:
- Marks cards 10th & 12th std, issued by the Board / University .
- Copies of valid Passport & Student Visa.
- Conduct / Character certificate & Transfer certificate issued by the School / College last studied.
- HIV clearance certificate.
- Ten passport & Ten stamp size photos.
The document here is prepared only to help parents, students and friends of LISAA School Of Design, Bangalore to find accommodations close to the School Campus.
Please note that the School in no manner recommend or suggest any particular facility as compared to others. The readers are strongly suggested to make the decision considering their individual requirements. Our schools have more than 60% of students staying in PG facilities nearby with more than 10% of those being International Students
- What is the curriculum like?
- The curriculum, which has been certified by the Government of France, has two basic structures:
- The first 1 year is a foundation course. During this time you will be trained in important skills like art, visualization, execution and so on. You will also learn about the industry and trades within it.
- After the foundation level, you will be trained to be industry-ready with focused world-class professional grooming for 2 years. You will get to execute your ideas using the latest technology, in state-of-the-art studio-like environment and workshops.
- IMPORTANT: The focus of our curriculum is in creating professionals. Which is why, we have regular top international professionals who are major forces in their chosen field. By interacting and learning from them directly makes learning far more practical and effective. Also, their experiences and wisdom will help you understand how the future is being shaped in the fields of fashion, Interior and Graphic design. Since we focus on creating world-class professionals, we are constantly striving to help our students get internships with top multi-national companies. Our global network of alumni and trainers has helped us realize this with substantial success
- Who manages the LISAA School Of Design, Bangalore Campus?
- The LISAA School Of Design, Bangalore Campus is a joint venture between the CREO Valley Group an offshoot division of Saipath Education and Film services pvt Ltd
- What courses does LISAA School Of Design, Bangalore offer?
- We offer comprehensive courses in :
- Fashion & Textile Design
- Interior Environmental & Product Design
- Graphic ,Illustration and Web designing
- Could you tell me more about the faculty?
- You will be happy to know that our faculty are professionals who have worked in their respective industries and have had their own education from top design institutes.
- The faculty will also comprise exciting talents who will bring to you the best of contemporary design and new media education. Add to that the superior infrastructure, and you have a combination that is unbeatable
- What degree do I get once I pass out of LISAA School Of Design, Bangalore ?
- Once you pass out in the 3 or 4 year course, you will be an International Diploma certified by LISAA France
- For the One Year Certificate Diploma course, the student earns a Certificate from LISAA School Of Design, Bangalore
- How long is the course?
- International Diploma: Courses is of minimum 3-to a maximum of 4 years based upon which program the student chooses for a career
- Graduate One Year Diploma Courses: One Year
- What is the focus of the curriculum?
- The 3 or a 4 year course looks at hands-on training and grooming so that you are industry-ready.
- The curriculum takes into account how the best in the world are making Fashion / Interior or Graphic design.
- Where do I stay?
- LISAA School Of Design, Bangalore provides necessary assistance in accommodation facility for the out station students by referring PG/Hostel facility to the needy ones which are located in & around our college campus in Koramangala, Bangalore. Please check the PG Facilities tab for further information
- What is the medium of instruction?
- English. You have to be comfortable with the language to qualify for the course
- What do you look for in a student?
- Creativity. If you are a creative person or are creatively inclined, you are a potential candidate. If you have a relevant creative portfolio, it is an added bonus.
- You have to be a 12th standard student/graduate to qualify for the entrance test to the Degree programs
- What stream should I be from?
- Your stream of study does not matter. You can be from humanities, science, engineering and so on. Creativity is the most important quality we look for
- If I have studied beyond 12th standard and have a degree, do I still qualify?
- Yes, you do. You can appear for the entrance test even if you have graduated from any other stream or already have another degree
- What is the selection process like?
- We have a online test, which is followed by a Portfolio review. You have to clear both to qualify for admission.
- The online test would comprise of Multiple Choice questions related to Design technology, industry, general knowledge, logical reasoning and analytical skills. Those who clear the written test will then have a portfolio review which at evaluating the creative skills of a candidate followed by a Personal Interview
- How should I go about preparing for the entrance test?
- You can visit our website to download sample question papers, which will allow you to get an idea about the type of questions you are expected to answer during the entrance test.
- In order to understand more about the kind of portfolio required to be prepared for a particular stream, please feel free to call us on this number: +91 8904030591 or +91 9035030591
- What is the learning process like at LISAA School Of Design, Bangalore?
- Our system is based on creative and practical learning. We have mix of faculty from France & India with substantial industry experience.
- The teaching methodology is contemporary and is delivered through state-of-the-art infrastructure, latest equipments & advanced technologies.
- Curriculum drawn by global industry experts and similar to the French one
- In the final year, jury of industrial experts from across the world come to judge final year projects
- Career opportunities in companies worldwide. Full placement support from us
- What about internships?
- Internships are compulsory. Every course has its own internship schedule.
- IMPORTANT: In order to help you get an internship that suits your inclinations, the LISAA School Of Design, Bangalore campus Campus team will actively support you in connecting with some of the world’s best companies and landing a plum opportunity to work in a professional environment
- And placements?
- We organize interviews with various companies within India and abroad. We also help students develop necessary skills to make a smooth transition to their respective careers.
- The placement, as you are probably aware, depends on your academic performance. We recommend deserving students to various companies.
- Our placement team is constantly working to build a working relationship with companies so that our graduates are absorbed easily.
- The team works also gives inputs to students on overall growth in the form of workshops, seminars and via activities like communication, personality development, interviews and interpersonal growth.
- The fact that we have a strong world-wide presence of alumni in good positions in various companies and related institutes, our network is very strong. You will be well-recommended, which will be commensurate with your abilities.
- Could you tell me more about your alumni network?
- The list is long. Right now there are over 2,500+ graduates worldwide!
- For more on the alumni network, you can visit us on http://partenaires.lisaa-labo.com/interviews
- How do I apply for the exam?
- You can apply by visiting www.lisaabangalore.com & filling up the Entrance Test registration form.
- As far as NRI and international students are concerned, the processes are same as that of Residential Indians
- What is the fee like?
- The detailed fee structure can be provided on request by calling us on 8904030591 / 9035030591.
- Can I visit the campus?
- We would be happy to have you on our campus. You can take a tour of our academic centre between 9.30 am and 6.30pm, Monday to Saturday
- Do you offer scholarships?
- Yes we do!
- Is LISAA School Of design, Bangalore Campus on Facebook?
- Yes, of course!
- Please click on https://www.facebook.com/lisaa.bangalore to go to our Facebook page and get to know us better